The Best Virtual Platform for Your Online Event May Surprise You
It’s Zoom. Just kidding.
Zoom is a very popular choice (more on that later). But can you REALLY expect a virtual event platform to make your virtual meeting look good just because everyone else uses it?
You could grab the first virtual platform that pops up on a Google search. And in all honesty, it will probably work OK. But knowing which virtual event platform is best for YOU is a bit more complicated than that.
Which is going to look better; a suit off the rack at Dillards or a tailor-made custom suit?
If you want to know which virtual platform will best “suit” you (sorry, dad puns) then you need an expert to “tailor” the experience according to who you are and what your virtual meeting is trying to accomplish.
This post will answer 2 of the most popular questions concerning virtual event platforms:
- I am comfortable with Zoom. Can’t I just keep using that?
- What are my other choices?
We will then explain why choosing the right virtual platform is just the beginning to having a high-quality virtual event.
The question is not, “Which virtual platform is best?” but “Which virtual platform will be the best for your online event?”
Unless you explore your options, you may miss out on a higher-quality, more engaging experience.
Can’t I Just Use Zoom?
Zoom is a great virtual event platform. And Zoom could be the best virtual platform for your online meeting.
But remember, this isn’t just a video call with friends and family. This is a professional production event. And things can get complicated quickly if you do not have a professional event management team assisting you.
Have you REALLY thought about the logistics of using Zoom for your next virtual or hybrid event?
- What happens if more than 10 people show up? What if there are hundreds of attendees?
- How will you handle people having technical issues if you go at it alone?
- Will you pre-assign breakout rooms?
- Will you use Zoom Events or Zoom Meetings?
- If you use Zoom Meetings, will you use focus mode to limit distractions?
- Will you use a waiting room?
- Will your backend settings be optimized to avoid common distractions?
Not sure how to answer these questions? Before you start sweating like you ate ghost pepper hot sauce, let us reassure you that this is what we are here for.
At Virtual Velocity, we have over 15+ years of expertise in all things virtual and hybrid. We’ve seen….well, a lot. Our professional team has learned to deal with the most challenging problems all while providing excellent virtual event production services.
- Overcoming countless types of distractions
- Mitigating the strangest technical problems
- Handling some of the most demanding clients
Don’t believe us? Just look at our testimonials. We don’t simply provide Zoom event production support. We provide outstanding Zoom production support.
Which Other Virtual Platform Choices Are There?
There are SO many virtual meeting platforms to choose from.
Which virtual event platform will be the BEST one to help you deliver your message? For example:
- Do you know which virtual platform offers the best audio?
- Or which virtual platform provides the best video?
- Which virtual platform allows you to continue to share even when you drop off the meeting?
Before you start thinking about a career change, let us remind you that you shouldn’t feel pressured to know the answer to any of these questions! It’s not your job. It’s ours!
Virtual Velocity has produced and tested numerous virtual platforms and has seen the best and the worst each platform has to offer.
We are always looking for the next great virtual meeting platform. These are just a few that we test and produce in:
- Cisco Webex
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Meet
- Adobe Connect
Which virtual platform do we recommend? Again, it depends on your specific needs.
There is no “one size fits all” virtual platform any more than there is one best vehicle for every driver. The best vehicle depends on where you are going and what you are doing. And the best virtual platform depends on where you’re trying to go, that is, what you’re trying to accomplish, the size of your event, etc.
Services For Every Occasion
Here at Virtual Velocity, we have over 15+ years of experience on many different platforms.
But we do so much more than help you choose a platform and then send you on your way, like a traffic cop telling you which road to take.
We’re a personal escort that is with you every step of the way from start to finish. We offer constant monitoring and support before, during, and after your event to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Choosing a platform is just the beginning of a successful virtual event. A successful virtual event involves:
- Connecting with your employees in any time zone or language
- Keeping your attendees engaged
- Troubleshooting unforeseen technical problems
- Creating a complete production experience that will blow away your audience
Virtual Velocity is a virtual and hybrid event production company that helps businesses produce and broadcast the best possible live meetings, trainings, and events.
Our team of experts offers professional virtual event production services to help you quickly and easily get your program off the ground or to help your team revitalize your existing program.
These are just a few of the services we offer. Have in mind something more extensive? Book an appointment with us and let us create a custom solution to meet your needs!
- Consulting – Sometimes you just need a little help getting off the ground. Which virtual platform should you use and how can you keep your audience engaged? You don’t have to feel intimidated about transitioning from in-person live events to live streaming. We can help point you in the right direction.
- Hybrid Event Management– It is difficult to decide how people will react to the ever-changing COVID-19 environment. Should your event be in-person or virtual? Like a good snuggie, why not enjoy the comforts of both? Hybrid meetings, conferences, and workshops offer the best of both worlds. Our hybrid production services cover events of all types and sizes.
- Live Streaming – Live streaming across multiple platforms means your audience can attend no matter where they are.
- Webinars – Engaging and motivating webinars help your virtual attendees participate in and stay focused during discussions, training sessions, and conferences.
- eLearning – Not sure how to transition from a live classroom to a virtual learning program? No sweat. Our eLearning services make it easier than ever to make the leap to a virtual or hybrid learning program that is accessible to any employee worldwide. Our experts will make sure you look good. All you have to do is focus on your training.
We Do Our Best So You Can Do Yours
Are you stuck trying to figure out which virtual event platform to use? Do you know the strengths and weaknesses of each virtual platform?
At Virtual Velocity, we know your meeting is unique. There are literally hundreds of questions that could be asked about virtual meetings. We truly listen to what you need so we can help you choose the best virtual platform.
Virtual Velocity is dedicated to supporting your virtual event no matter how big or small. Our team will provide the technical support you need so you can focus on your part and on your clients. We do our best so that you can do yours as well.
Ready to start getting answers? Reach out to our team for a FREE conversation to help you figure out which virtual event platform will fit you better than a newly tailored suit.